Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Husband's DIY Ceiling Art

Recently, I shared a piece on the blog about my husband, Mamoon Syed's,
new found interest in expressing his
artistic side. He had done a free style
Islamic pattern on canvas.
(Link to post)

When we moved into our new place
he was ecstatic to take that interest from canvas straight onto
our ceiling...

Of course I was a bit apprehensive at first, but he assured me he knew
what he was doing... and he was right!


 I love the way it turned out. 
Mamoon drew out the pattern (Pentagrammaton) free hand with a pencil and ruler, he then filled
it in with the paint colors I selected.


Now, I'm on the search for
for the perfect light fixture to hang from this gorgeous ceiling art.

By the way, if anyone is interested in more detailed steps as to how my husband achieved this, please leave a 
comment or email.


6 comments:

Omaira said...

Simply beautiful and eye-catching. I just saw an all glass chandelier made in the style of those wrought iron or brass ones. It was a unique piece.

Home Synchronize said...

That looks amazing!

Saima said...

Omaira send me a pic... would love to see it.
Home Synchronize.... thank you!

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely mA! Yes, detailed instructions would be great :)

Eric Matthew Strait Ballesteros said...

Wow, such a great job. I love the colors and the use of geometric shapes! :)

Saima said...

I will get him to write it up in a comment soon :)

Thanks Eric!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)