Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Indian Block Print

We hosted the second 'Eid' lunch over the
weekend at our house.
Everything worked out great. 
Friends said they felt like they were in a design magazine, that definitely
made me smile.

Now, I need to get a few DIY projects
done around the house. 

I've always been a fan of block prints.
It's a simple detail that can be geometric, of course ethnic and
adds an exotic vibe to any space.

I just purchased some paisley wood blocks.
Testing it out before I apply it
to my white panels!


I sponged the paint onto the block print and pushed
firmly on the fabric. Voila!
I need to make sure the paint is spread out evenly. 

Glad I'm testing it out before applying it to my fabric.

4 comments:

Omaira said...

These are beautiful. Do you have a link of where you purchased them?

Filza said...

Looove it Saima Baji, thanks for sharing... I've been looking for these stamps for ages.

Omaira, I Amazon-ed it--as Saima Baji suggested on FB, this is what I found: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004YT8HO4/ref=aw_d_iv_home-garden?is=l&qid=1347385560&sr=8-1-spell

Saima said...

Omaira check the link Filza just posted and this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Wood-Block-Stamps-Paisleys-Trade/dp/B004YT8HO4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1347380559&sr=8-5&keywords

Filza you're welcome! Let me know who your prints turn out :)

Omaira said...

Thank you! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)