Thursday, August 23, 2012

Trend: Polka Dots


Polka dots are making a comeback, in both interiors and fashion.
We've seen the pattern come and go through the years,
it's one of those classics prints that can be easily re-invented.

 I remember using polka dots in my bedroom a few years back,
I'm definitely thinking about reintroducing it to a space
in my house. It's all about the correct execution and scale.

Here are a few examples to get you inspired:

Make a statement with large polk dots - perfect for a girls room
(DecorPad)

Introduce the pattern in a piece of furniture.
(DecorPad)
Polka dot curtain panels
(Caitlin Creer Interiors)

Add a polka dot accent pillow to a room
(Decorpad)



2 comments:

Omaira said...

When I first saw the post, I wasn't too crazy about the idea, but it actually looks really nice in small, understated pieces. I don't think I'd like the whole wall or something large though. The curtains look really nice and I think the choice of colour helps too. :)

Saima said...

It definitely adds a whimsical element to a room! I agree, really like the curtain panels.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)