Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fashion Meets Interior Design - Haute Hijab

When working with clients, I like to incorporate their personal style, however possible, into the design. Bringing in a favorite pattern, color or even an entire outfit.
I absolutely love Melanie Elturk's style from Haute Hijab . I collaborated with her in creating a room, inspired by an outfit of the day. I really enjoyed working on this design based upon her sophisticated style.

Just like the outfit, I gave the room a very casual feel. A simple coffee table plays off the black cardigan and sits on a blue braided rug that mimics the color and texture of the jeans. I chose a white, clean lined, tufted sofa which reflects the white demure pleated top. I decided not to add ruffles, instead incorporated a touch of elegance through the accent chair. The striped licorice scarf was fun to work with, the color and patterns are seen in the accent pillows. A chandelier plays off the shine and drape from the rhinestone necklace. I couldn't resist incorporating the amazing background into my design. The frames hold vintage and new architectural maps which were inspired by the buildings in the backdrop along with the minimal accents throughout the room.

Hope this inspires you to infuse some of your personal style into your home decor!



For this week's Outfit of the Day I kept it casual in a black cardigan, Demure Pleated Top, statement rhinestone necklace and the Striped Licorice scarf .

"Long cardigans are a wardrobe staple for those who wish to dress modestly. Not only are they stylish and demure, they're also perfect for Spring and Summer in lightweight knits and cottons. Dress it up with a bold statement necklace, our Demure Pleated Top, a matching hijab and you've got a great outfit that will take you anywhere!"

- Melanie Elturk http://www.hautehijab.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)