Friday, February 24, 2012

DIY: Bookcase Dollhouse

I'm in the process of updating my daughter's room. Transforming her nursery to something more fit for a two and a half year old. Her older brothers have also decided that they want a new look, so I've been adding more projects to my list!
This weekend the plan was to add a pop of color to my daughter's bookshelf: http://azzuredesign.blogspot.com/2012/02/creative-wallpaper-idea.html#comment-form.


But then I came across this great idea on The Land of Nod's site. It's adorable, I may have to rethink my weekend project!

Try this: Bookcase Dollhouse

D6161_Dollhouse
Whattya need?
  • Wrapping paper
  • Cardboard
  • Yarn
  • Scissors
  • Bookcase
  • Double-sided tape
  • Dollhouse furniture
  • Dolls
Blog_CubeDollhouse_01
How do I make a bookcase dolhouse?
Step 1: Cut wrapping paper to the fit back of bookcase and apply wrapping paper as wall paper with double side tape.
Blog_CubeDollhouse_02
Blog_CubeDollhouse_07
Step 2: Cut cardboard to make elements like a door or a rug. This rug was made by coiling yarn on top of cardboard with some double sided tape.
Blog_CubeDollhouse_03
Blog_CubeDollhouse_06
Step 3: Add in your furniture and people.
Blog_CubeDollhouse_08
Blog_CubeDollhouse_09
Step 4: Time to play!

Created by Dane Holweger

2 comments:

Bilqees said...

Can i say how much i love this idea...I had planed to buy my daughter a doll house, but now will make one together. :) JK

Saima said...

The great thing is you can customize the dollhouse :) Glad this inspired you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)